Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, November 7, 2020

Taking the Back Road Home

  It's one of my rules, you know. Never take the highway if you have time to take the back road. (My rules- The Shark's Wisdom Tooth- have disappeared becuase Xanga no longer exists. I may have to resurrect them again.)

After the vendor event today, I wandered home via the "back way." Here are some of my late afternoon finds. Yellow light in a maple-beech lined valley valley in autumn light

The north end of Bass Lake Bass Lake

Leaves in the water- this one has book cover potential.
oak leaves in the water


Deer grazing on the hillside at the pumped storage project. They are completely aware that the fence keeps humans away from them. They didn't even flick their tails. But I like the monochromatic look of the picture. deer grazing

And finally, Lake Michigan looking hazy instead of spectacular. Some days it seems to leave the showy beauty to smaller bodies of water. deer grazing

In other news: The vendor event went pretty well. Not a ton of sales, but a new audience. I had to leave the house early- not my favorite time of day- so I'm chilling this evening.

See Leona Learns Local Lanes

2 comments:

Ann said...

I'll take back road traveling over the highway any day. I like the one of Bass Lake and the monochromatic look of the deer in the field is quite striking.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "The scenic route!"