Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Here We Go Again

  It has to happen. These shingles are not good. bad shingles

The good news is that this is the last face to be done, and then the entire house will be re-shingled. roof of a house

The weather is giving me a true gift of warm and rain-free time to get the job done. I started yesterday. Got about half the old shingles off. There is enough glare, and enough loose asphalt crumbles, that it's hard to tell, but the clear area is smoother. clearing bad shingles off a roof

Didn't quite finish today. The edge by the vertical wall and the ridge are being really difficult. Close, but I just ran out of steam. clearing bad shingles of a roof

Should be able to finish clearing and cleaning and start the new ones tomorrow, though. This face is smaller than the one I did in the spring, so it should go faster once I get going. There are no vents to work around either.

There is no other news. I'm tired and sore. but it's good to be getting this done.

See Remember the Roof

2 comments:

Ann said...

You are impressive with all that you can do. I once tried to get on the roof because I was tired of waiting for the ex husband to hand the Christmas lights. I got to the top of the ladder and couldn't get myself to climb onto the roof.

Sharkbytes said...

HI Ann- You are not my only friend who feels that way!