Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thanksgiving Threesome

  Joshua came over to eat with us today. We were going to go out because it's so hard to fix things that all of us will/can eat. But the restaurants are shut down again, so we managed to come up with a menu that I like all of, and Omer and Josh like most of. We had lemon-rosemary chicken (on the stove), rice, buttenut squash, salad, and the pies. Thanksgiving meal

Because of the aforementioned house Tetris, there is no place available to eat. So we set up an extra little table. Worked fine! Thanksgiving meal

After the food settled a bit, I went on a walk. Just a road walk, but I decided to challenge myself. I was doing a 7-mile loop, and I wanted to see how fast I could do it. Kept a 4 mph pace for the first two miles (my casual pace is 3 mph), but I couldn't quite keep that up. My overall pace was 3.74 mph. Not too shabby. And, it's never a race on a real hike. But I figure if I push myself when it's easy, then I'm in better shape for when it's not.

The sky was mostly gray, with a temperature of 43 when I left the house. Light breeze. Nice walking weather. No spectacular pictures. I was concentrating on walking fast. There were rays coming from the spot of light in this cloud, but the camera didn't catch them. farm

In other news: There is no other news. I cooked and cleaned up and played my game.

See Dinnerpieme

6 comments:

Joanne Olivieri said...

Sounds like the perfect day, 💖

Ann said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Your dinner sounds delicious.

Secondary Roads said...

We had rice and butternut also, but had roast pork and corn with that.

Talked to our sons and granddaughter on the telephone.

So much to be thankful for.

Sharkbytes said...

Joanne- thank you!

Ann- it was pretty darn good! Hope you had someone to spend your day with.

Chuck- The roast pork sounds really really good!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Happy belated Thanksgiving! I'm glad you were able to eat together!"

Lin said...

Glad you had a nice dinner. A lot of restaurants here did carry out for people. We had the challenge of making our entire meal gluten free since Emma and I have been diagnosed with Celiac this year. We did just fine and we were happy to succeed at the new challenge.