Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, November 14, 2020

New Toy- Not Quite

  I've been keeping you in suspense about my new toy. Well, here is it, and here it isn't.

I bought a digital microscope that will take pictures. I want to use it for seeds and other plant parts. This is not a high quality one, but it's not the cheapest one either. It doesn't have quite the clarity I would like, but it's pretty good. And I could afford it. digital microscope

The first big problem was that it didn't come with the micro SD card. So, no big deal, right. I even had an extra one. But it wouldn't snap in place. So, I read the fine print and it specifies a particular kind of micro SD card. I could not buy it locally. Had to order it. Second big problem: It won't snap in either. I guess there is something wrong, and I'll have to send the scope back for replacement. Sigh.

I wanted to show you the next seed today. Well, I will. But I had to take a picture of the screen and of course all the interference lines and color cast show up when you do that. Until I can get this replaced, you can guess at what kind of seed this is. magnified seed

In other news: I took a 4-mile walk. I wrote chapter 8 in Dead Mule Swamp Singer for a total now of 7664 words, 799 of them written today. And I finished editing one of the MS I'm working on for other people. Not bad.

See Seeds- Spotted Knapweed

3 comments:

Ann said...

What a cool toy. Too bad you have to send it back for a replacement.

Sharkbytes said...

Yup- o well. I'll still enjoy it when we get the kinks out

Secondary Roads said...

It looks like milkweed seed.