Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Walking to Vote

  I live only a mile and a half from the township hall. Perfect length to walk to vote. The day was gorgeous! The last of the cloud cover was breaking up. A Mackeral Sky like this signals change, and that is what is predicted- the whole week is supposed to be nice. mackeral sky

Here's another view with a tree for contrast. mackeral sky against a tree

The light and shadows on the cemetery creek made it look really nice. creek in a wooded valley

A female cardinal was playing hide and seek in the branches. cardinal

And a little green caterpillar was taking a tour of this flat discarded can. I don't know what it will turn into. green caterpillar

I was #340 to vote in my precinct. The lines were the longest I've ever seen here. Saw several neighbors. The clouds were completely gone by the time I walked home.

In other news: I have started that other big house project. I'll show you tomorrow. That took the bulk of my afternoon. But I did manage to write 139 words in Dead Mule Swamp Singer. Not much, I know, but better than doing nothing.

See How's the Cemetery Creek?

2 comments:

Ann said...

I heard the same thing around here, that the lines at all the voting sites were longer than usual.

vanilla said...

Thanks for the walk! My polling place about same distance from home. I drove.